Monday, September 23, 2013

About Me

Hey guys! My full name is Cara Francesca Figuerido. I'm 19 years old, and I was born and raised in North Smithfield, Rhode Island. It's a small town and there's not much to do in it, but it's also where I met some of my best friends. I have an older sister named Chelsea, she's 21 and a Music Production major at Northeastern University. I also have two amazing parents named William and Wendy. I have an apartment off campus and I have two roommates, both boys. I spend a lot of my free time with them and other friends, and I spend the most time with my dog Ozzie.
He's an 8 month old Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and he's the most important thing in my life. I adopted Ozzie about two and a half months ago, and he was a rescue Pit. The first three months of his life were spent down in a basement being neglected. At three months old, he was rescued and then moved to a foster home where he stayed until i adopted him. Since I've had him, Ozzie has graduated from obedience training, he's earned his Canine Good Citizen title, and he is also a certified Emotional Service Animal (yes, he has a vest). We've spent a lot of time together since I've had him, and we've really formed an incredible bond. Besides my friends and my dog, I also work every weekend at Big Tony's Pizzeria, which is only a minute down the road from my apartment. I love spending time with my family, I have a lot of cousins and aunts and uncles that live around here so I see them on holidays and other occasions throughout the year. I play the guitar and I sing, and I was highly involved in the chorus program at my high school. I also played soccer, ice hockey, and softball. I played hockey all four years, and my senior year I also played Unified volleyball and basketball with special needs students. I've done a lot of work with the Special Olympics of Rhode Island, and I loved every second of it. All of the volunteer work is what helped my figure out my major, and is why I want to work with elementary special needs students. Well, I think that's enough for now! Time to read everyone else's blogs :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cara,
    All the volunteer work you do is amazing! You have definitely chosen a great major that fits you perfectly. Good luck in school!
    ~Dorothy

    ReplyDelete